Soonr Workplace Desktop Agent for Windows offers Microsoft Office Locking Support. When enabled:
- The user will be prompted with the option to lock the files as soon as they begin editing the document
- When the file is open, the user will be prompted if the file is updated by another user
- The file will automatically unlock when it is closed
Additionally, the "Lock files automatically in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint" option can be enabled, which will lock the file automatically once editing of one of these document types commences.
- Microsoft Windows XP or later
- Microsoft Office 2007 or later
- Latest version of the Soonr Workplace Desktop Agent for Windows.
To enable this feature:
Navigate to the Projects tab
Click the Soonr Workplace icon in the taskbar.
From the 'Settings' sub-menu, select 'Workplace Sync…'.
Toggle the locking options
Check/uncheck the 'Microsoft Office Locking Support' and 'Lock files automatically in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint' options to enable/disable these features.