Be aware that the Microsoft Office auto-locking feature requires you edit a document for the auto-locking to activate! Only opening the file does not cause the lock to activate!
If Microsoft Office auto-locking stops functioning or you receive an error referencing "Soonr4Office" or "Soonr", follow these steps to reinstall the Soonr4Office plugin:
- Quit all Microsoft Office Applications
- Open an Internet Explorer browser window (Internet Explorer is required)
- In the address bar enter "soonr:debug", press Enter / Return and then click 'Allow'
- The "Debug" tab within the Soonr Agent will be displayed
- Click the 'Uninstall Office Plugin' button to initiate the uninstall (it should take just a few seconds)
- Open the Soonr Settings again and navigate to the "Workplace Sync" tab
- Click 'Install Microsoft Office Support' to re-install the plugin
- Shutdown and restart the Soonr agent
If the issue persists:
Update the Desktop Agent
Download and install the latest version of the Soonr Desktop Agent
Disable the additional plug-in
Disable reference to the obsolete Add-In in Office application:
- Open a Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel or PowerPoint)
- From the menu bar, select 'File' ? 'Options' ? 'Add-ins'
- From the 'Manage:' drop-down list, select 'COM Add-ins' and then click the 'Go...' button.
- Locate and deselect the entry "Soonr4Office.Connect". Ensure "Sync File Lock Plugin" is selected
- Click 'OK' to exit the manage window
- Click 'OK' to exit the Options window
- Quit and relaunch all Microsoft Office applications