This error occurs when a vhd has a snapshot while the VM's HDD is Expanded.
The headers are altered on the footer format of the dynamic hard disk
- Ensure the VM is turned off and replication is stopped.
- Remove any Snapshots that exist.
- Login to the host witch holds the VM
- Open the application vhdtool.exe
- If on a server core machine start powershel by typing "powershell"
- Type "\\csp-store-14\cloudstrong\software\vhdtool repair\"
- Type ./vhdtool.exe /repair "path to xxx.vhd" "path to xxx.avhd"
- Output should look like the following
6. Increase the HDD size as needed. Turn on the VM and increase the HDD through the disk management console.Tags: vhd error mismatch