How to setup Android KitKat exchange email
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Accounts > Add account > Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync .
- Enter your Email address and Password. If this is not the first email account you are setting up on your device, you can mark Set this account as the default for sending emails. to set this as the default email account, and then touch Next.
- Your device will attempt to find the additional details needed to set up your account. If it is successful, you will skip to Step 5. If it cannot find the additional details needed, you will see the message Setup could not finish. Touch Edit details to enter the additional information manually.
- Verify the Exchange server settings are correct, and touch Next.
- Review the Activation screen. Mark the Do not show again. option if you do not want to see this message again when setting up an ActiveSync account, and touch OK.
Note: This screen may not be displayed for all ActiveSync accounts.
- The Account options screen lets you select the following ActiveSync options:
- Period to sync Email: Choose the time period your device should keep in sync.
- Sync schedule: Choose how often your device should connect to the Exchange server to get email during off-peak hours. Choose Push to have email delivered to your device as soon as it arrives on the server.
- Peak schedule: Choose how often your device should connect to the Exchange server to get email during peak business hours. Choose Push to have email delivered to your device as soon as it arrives on the server.
- Emails retrieval size: Set an email size limit. Your device will download only the headers for emails that exceed this limit. When you open the message, you will be able to download the entire message.
- Period to sync Calendar: Choose the time period your device should keep in sync.
- Set this account as the default for sending emails. Mark this option to send all new email messages from this account by default.
Note: Not displayed if this is the first email account you are adding to your device.
- Notify me when email arrives. Mark this option to have your device notify you of new email messages.
- Sync Email: Mark this option to synchronize your email to your device.
- Sync Contacts: Mark this option to synchronize your contacts to your device.
- Sync Calendar: Mark this option to synchronize your calendar to your device.
- Sync Task: Mark this option to synchronize your tasks to your device.
- Automatically download attachments when connected to a Wi-Fi® network: Mark this option to set your device to automatically download email attachments when you are connected to a Wi-Fi access point.
- Touch Next.
- Enter a name for the account. This will help you easily identify this account if you add other email accounts to your device. Then touch Done.
We have a video you can follow to assist with mobile device setupandroid, email, exchange, mobile, setup